Sleep Apnea Treatment San FranciscoStop Snoring & Sleep Better!
Headaches? Short of Breath? Poor Sleep? Sleep apnea may be the cause.
Dr. Patel, San Francisco’s leading sleep apnea dentist
- Suffering from chronic headaches?
- Drowsy throughout the day?
- Not feeling rested when you wake up?
You may be suffering from sleep apnea, a condition where a person stops breathing for dozens or even hundreds of times every night, often without even knowing it!t
Sleep apnea does more than affect your quality of life. Left untreated it can lead to serious complications and even death.
Dr. Patel can help diagnose and treat sleep apnea. Contact Green Dentistry to schedule a consultation today and learn about your options.
New Patient Online Offer
Free Initial Consultation
Call 415-433-0119 today to schedule.
Benefits of Sleep Apnea Treatment
There are numerous benefits to sleep apnea treatment, including but not limited to:
- Improved sleep. People with sleep apnea can stop breathing up to 90 times an hour, leaving them feeling tired and groggy in the morning. With treatment, you can sleep through the night and wake up feeling more refreshed.
- Fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression. The risk of mental illnesses like depression and anxiety increases in correlation with the increase in sleep disturbances. Sleep apnea treatment may help improve anxiety and depression or reduce the risk of developing it.
- Reduced risk of developing cancer. Individuals with untreated obstructive sleep apnea have a higher risk of various types of cancer. With sleep apnea treatment, however, that risk can be lowered.
- Reduced mortality rate. Sleep apnea has been shown to increase a person’s mortality rate by up to three times the average, for any cause of death, including heart attacks and stroke. Treatment lowers this risk and helps individuals live longer with a better quality of life.
- Improved blood pressure. Many individuals with sleep apnea also have untreated hypertension, which can go on to cause serious health problems if not addressed. Treating sleep apnea can, by proxy, treat hypertension by reducing blood pressure during sleep.
The Daytime-Nighttime Appliance (also known as the DNA Appliance) is the revolutionary, non-surgical method for treating sleep apnea.
The DNA Appliance looks similar to a retainer and is fully customized to fit your mouth. This comfortable appliance applies gentle intermittent vibrational forces to your teeth which in turn, increase the size of your airway.
This method for treating sleep apnea has other benefits too, including improving the alignment of your teeth and reducing the symptoms of TMJ.
Hate Your CPAP?
CPAP machine isn’t the right choice for everyone when it comes to sleep apnea treatment. Many patients don’t like the feeling of wearing a mask while sleeping or the sound that the CPAP machine makes during the night. If you find that a CPAP is uncomfortable, you’re less likely to be consistent with your treatment.
Our office offers CPAP alternatives for sleep apnea treatment that can be used at night, called a DNA appliance, or a sleep apnea mouth guard. Here are some exciting benefits of DNA appliances compared to CPAP therapy.
- DNA appliances offer a permanent solution. When worn regularly, the DNA appliance gently expands the mandible, or upper jaw, at the same time as it balances the patient’s bite. Over time, these changes become permanent.
- Better teeth alignment. Not only does a DNA appliance widen your airway, preventing it from becoming obstructed during the night, it also works to align your teeth and bite.
- Reduced symptoms of bruxism. A DNA appliance can help prevent bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching at night. Many people who use a DNA appliance report reduced tension headaches, jaw pain, and tightness in their neck and upper shoulders.
If you don’t like your CPAP, there’s another option. Contact Green Dentistry today to learn more.
Dr. Patel, San Francisco’s leading sleep apnea dentist
“Dr Nammy Patel is the best most amazing dentist in the Bay Area hands down! Her practice exemplifies all things you want in an office, it’s clean, green, beautiful and calming – and most of all the staff are professional, courteous and they put your teeth and happiness first! I actually look forward to coming to the dentist!”
– Timothy P.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I have sleep apnea?
Snoring isn’t the only symptom of sleep apnea. Watch out for other common signs, including:
- Abrupt waking in the middle of the night followed by shortness in breath
- Dry mouth or a sore throat in the morning
- Morning headaches
- Sleepiness during the day
If you notice any of these symptoms, talk to Dr. Patel to find out if you might be suffering from sleep apnea.
What are the risk factors for sleep apnea?
- Men are twice as likely as women to be diagnosed with sleep apnea
- Obesity and a neck circumference of 17” or more
- Lifestyle factors like smoking, drinking, and drug use
- Research suggests that genetics can influence your risk of developing the disorder
Will my sleep apnea go away by itself?
The only way to rid yourself of sleep apnea is to either change the lifestyle factors contributing to the condition (obesity, smoking, etc.) and or have surgery to remove excess tissue from your palate or throat. However, there are effective treatment options available to ensure your sleep apnea condition does not affect your sleep or health.
Visit Our San Francisco Dentist Office
At Green Dentistry, we’re proud to offer patients a modern and holistic dental office right in Union Square — the first of its kind in San Francisco.
Here you’ll find environmentally sustainable features, the latest technology, and a caring, friendly team.
We believe that the more comfortable you are, the less anxious you are, leading to better results from your sleep apnea treatment. We offer spa-like features for your comfort, including:
- Warm blankets and neck wraps
- Essential oils & crystal healing
- Noise-cancelling headphones
We’ll Plant a Tree In Your Honor
We believe in “green dentistry with a green thumb.”
Let’s work together to help improve the environment and fight climate change.
Every year, your tree will:
- Produce 260 lbs of fresh oxygen
- Remove 25+ lbs of carbon from the atmosphere
- Provide shade and habitat for birds, squirrels, and other animals
Help us make a difference!
“Talk about a great experience. Dr. Patel and her amazing crew are friendly professionals with a true heart for the people who walk through their doors. If you want your teeth done right, check out Green Dentistry! Best dentist and team in San Francisco.”
– Jordan W.
A Better Night’s Sleep From Green Dentistry
Our effective, non-surgical treatments and friendly, caring team will help treat your sleep apnea and improve your quality of life!
Visit Our San Francisco Dental Office
Address: 360 Post St Ste 704, San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (415) 433-0119
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM,
Evenings & Weekends by Appointment Only