TMJ Treatment in San FranciscoRealign Your Jaw for Headache Relief
Experiencing pain in your mouth and jaw? TMD/TMJ may be to blame.
Dr. Patel, San Francisco’s trusted TMJ treatment dentist and author
- Have trouble chewing or biting?
- Hear clicking or popping when you open or close your mouth?
- Suffer from chronic headaches or earaches?
- Feel a deep ache in your face, particularly around your jaw?
You may be suffering from a disorder in your temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD), often referred to as TMJ.
TMD/TMJ can be a result of a misaligned bite, missing teeth, jaw clenching or grinding, or other issues. Whatever the cause, Dr. Patel can diagnose TMJ and is here to help. Contact Green Dentistry to schedule a consultation today and learn about your options.
New Patient Offer
Get your first
Exam, Digital X-rays, and Cleaning
all for $407
Offer expires May 16
Benefits of TMJ/TMD Treatment
There are many benefits to treating your TMJ/TMD, including but not limited to:
- Greatly reduced or eliminated jaw pain
- Less teeth grinding at night (bruxism)
- Less teeth clenching
- Reduced or eliminated tension headaches
- Neck and shoulder pain relief
- Reduced risk of cracking or breaking teeth when grinding or clenching
- Reduced risk of dental erosion
- Improved ability to bite and chew even tough foods like steak and apples
- Relief of tinnitus, or ringing in your ears
- Reduced or eliminated ear pain and the sensation of fullness in the ears
- Relief of vertigo, or dizziness caused by fluid accumulation or other issues within the inner ear
- Relief of other systemic medical conditions, such as chronic fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), insomnia, rheumatoid arthritis, and Meniere’s disease
- Improved mood
- Less anxiety and worry
At Green Dentistry, we know that temporomandibular joint disorder can cause problems with your whole health. We’re dedicated to helping our patients find natural, long-lasting relief from TMJ/TMD pain. Contact us for more information about our holistic TMJ/TMD treatment options.
What to Expect from Your TMJ Examination
If you’re dealing with pain in your mouth and jaw, you’re not alone. Over 10 million Americans suffer from TMJ disorder.
Dr. Patel has helped many patients overcome this disorder and get on with their life. Here’s what you can expect from your appointment
- Dr. Patel will perform a gentle examination of your jaw and bite
- A 3D x-ray may be taken to help visualize what’s going on in your mouth and jaw
- Dr. Patel will help you understand what might be causing your TMJ pain
- Together, you’ll develop a treatment plan to fit your needs and eliminate your TMJ pain for good.
TMJ Treatment Options at Green Dentistry
We offer a variety of TMJ headache relief treatments to fit your needs:
- Night Guards — Custom-made and advanced night guards prevent clenching and reposition your jaw to a more favorable and comfortable position.
- Invisalign — If an occlusion issue is the cause of your TMJ pain, Invisalign teeth aligners may be recommended to fix the alignment of your bite.
- Occlusal Equilibration — This method involves gently adjusting your mouth so your lower and upper teeth meet correctly.
- Physical Therapist Referral — We may help you coordinate treatment with other specialists, including ENT (otolaryngologists) and physical therapists.
- Home Therapy Exercises — Dr. Patel may recommend specific jaw exercises with diet and lifestyle changes to help relieve pain.
“Dr Nammy Patel is the best most amazing dentist in the Bay Area hands down! Her practice exemplifies all things you want in an office, it’s clean, green, beautiful and calming – and most of all the staff are professional, courteous and they put your teeth and happiness first! I actually look forward to coming to the dentist!”
– Timothy P.
Treat TMJ Pain at Green Dentistry
Our friendly, caring team is ready to help treat your jaw pain and improve your quality of life!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is TMJ?
Your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) are what connect your jawbone to your skull. Pain in this area is often called TMJ disorder or just TMJ (or sometimes TMD) for short.
What causes TMJ?
Your TMJ disorder is unique, so identifying the cause requires a full dental examination. However, the cause of TMJ often includes:
- Misaligned bite
- Weak facial muscles
- Tooth grinding and jaw clenching
- Physical damage to your facial bones
- Poor posture
- Arthritis, nerve damage, or even whiplash may also be to blame
What are the symptoms of TMJ?
Beyond join pain in your jaw and directly in front of your year, other symptoms may include:
- Muscle aches (especially in your neck and back)
- Clicking in your jaw
- Pain that makes it hard to chew, bite, and simply enjoy your life
- Changes in vision
- Sinus pain
“Talk about a great experience. Dr. Patel and her amazing crew are friendly professionals with a true heart for the people who walk through their doors. If you want your teeth done right, check out Green Dentistry! Best dentist and team in San Francisco.”
– Jordan W.
Visit Our San Francisco Dentist Office
Green Dentistry proudly offers a modern and holistic approach for treating TMJ and other dental health issues. Located right in Union Square, we are the first practice of our kind in San Francisco.
Our dental office provides environmentally-friendly features, the latest technology, and a caring, experienced team.
You’ll love our comfortable, welcoming environment, and spa-like amenities, including…
- Warm blankets and neck wraps
- Essential oils & crystal healing
- Noise-cancelling headphones
We’ll Plant a Tree In Your Honor
We believe in “green dentistry with a green thumb.”
Let’s work together to help improve the environment and fight climate change.
Every year, your tree will:
- Produce 260 lbs of fresh oxygen
- Remove 25+ lbs of carbon from the atmosphere
- Provide shade and habitat for birds, squirrels, and other animals
Help us make a difference!
Get A Healthy, Gorgeous Smile At Green Dentistry
We’re always accepting new patients. Our friendly and caring staff can’t wait to help you!
Visit Our San Francisco Dental Office
Address: 360 Post St Ste 704, San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: (415) 433-0119
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM,
Evenings & Weekends by Appointment Only