Restorative Dentistry San FranciscoDental Repair and Restoration
Our Approach to Dental Restorations
Teeth damaged by decay, injury, illness, or infection can affect your bite, jaw, and even your overall health and wellness. When it comes to our restorative dental procedures, we believe in crafting cosmetically beautiful, long-lasting dental repair solutions designed to not only repair your teeth but encourage lifelong health.
Dr. Patel is here to help you.
At our San Francisco dentist office, Dr. Patel will examine your teeth, take X-rays, and discuss the restorative dentistry options available. Working together, you’ll create a dental restoration plan unique to fix cracked or broken teeth that meets your own health needs and smile goals.
New Patient Online Offer
Free Initial Consultation
Call 415-433-0119 today to schedule.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry can help you get back your smile and have beautiful, functional teeth that you can feel great about. Here are some of the most enjoyable benefits of restorative dentistry:
- Discomfort from cracked or broken teeth will be reduced or eliminated. When we restore a broken or infected tooth, your pain will begin to decrease immediately and should resolve completely over time. You’ll be able to eat the foods you love without worrying about dental pain.
- No one will be able to tell that you’ve had dental work done. At Green Dentistry, we use natural composite resin to create tooth-colored restorations. They’re extremely realistic looking, and no one will know that your teeth have been restored unless you tell them.
- You’ll protect your oral health. Tooth loss can cause the jaw bone underneath the missing tooth to begin to degrade or deteriorate. Restorative dentistry helps protect your oral health by reducing the risk of bone loss in addition to tooth loss.
- Many dental restorations can be done in as little as one day. In many cases, you can visit our office and leave the same day with your custom-made restoration. This means you can take off less time from work and feel less self-conscious about your smile during the healing period.
When Would I Need Restorative Dentistry?
While restorative dentistry and cosmetic dentistry tend to go hand-in-hand, restorative dentistry is largely focused on returning or preserving the health and functionality of a patient’s teeth, especially in the case of cracked, broken or missing teeth. Alternatively, cosmetic dentistry is focused on the appearance of the teeth and the patient’s overall smile.
You may need restorative dentistry if:
- You are missing one or more teeth.
- An adult tooth has fallen out.
- You’ve broken a tooth.
- You have tooth decay.
- You are experiencing tooth pain.
- One or more of your teeth are cracked.
- You’ve experienced a dental injury.
- Your teeth become sensitive to cold or hot foods and drinks.
Often, cosmetic dental procedures are done at the same time to restore the appearance of a patient’s smile in addition to its function. For example, a restorative dentist can bond a cracked or broken tooth, but may also reshape it and the others around it to create a more natural-looking smile.
“The staff and doctors are super friendly! Dr. Patel was kind and walked me through every concern I had for my appointment. I love that they offer so many different services like teeth whitening, deep cleaning, and even a dental spa!”
– Danika P.
Did You Know:
Mercury’s toxic effects have been known for over 2,000 years. So why are so many dentists still using silver amalgam fillings? At Green Dentistry, we use only biocompatible mercury-free composite fillings to create natural, healthy tooth restorations.
“My experiences with Dr. Patel and her staff just keep getting better and better. They are so friendly, responsive and most of all great with my teeth! Most people dread going to the dentist, but Green Dentistry makes the experience quick, easy and painless”
– Courtney L.
Restorative Dentistry Services
Mercury-Free Composite Fillings
Over 90% of adults will suffer from tooth decay at some point in their lives. We focus on early detection of cavities and tooth decay, allowing us to use minimally invasive dental restorations like smaller fillings and to remove less healthy tooth structure.
Our dental fillings are:
- Free of mercury and other toxins
- 100% biocompatible
- Designed to match the color of your natural teeth
- Built to last for years
Mercury-Free, Metal-Free Crowns & Bridges
Cracked, chipped, broken, infected, or damaged teeth may require a more advanced treatment to restore their natural function and appearance. Depending on your needs, Dr. Patel may recommend a crown, dental bridge, or other dental restoration to repair your damaged teeth.
Our crowns and bridges are:
- Made without mercury or toxic metals
- Designed to look and function like your natural teeth
- Placed using minimally invasive techniques
- Durable and designed to last
Dental implants provide a durable, rock-solid foundation for bridges, crowns, and dentures. They are the best way to replace lost teeth and with proper care, can last a lifetime.
Our dental implants are:
- Made from space-age and biocompatible titanium
- Designed to function as the perfect setting for one or more crowns, a dental bridge, or dentures
- Strong and stable, allowing you to eat the foods you love!
- Easy to care for and maintain
Your visit to our office should be a relaxing, healing, and restorative experience. We offer our patients a variety of spa-like amenities designed to reduce anxiety and increase their comfort, including:
- Warm blankets and neck wraps
- Essential oils & crystal healing
- Noise-canceling headphones
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it OK to leave a missing tooth alone?
Generally speaking, missing teeth should be replaced as soon as possible. Your jawbone is designed to act as a solid foundation for your teeth. When a tooth is missing, the jawbone begins to lose integrity, a process known as resorption. Not restoring a missing tooth can lead to lifelong health problems and irreversible bone loss. We design your dental restorationto work with your body and provide long-lasting, beautiful solutions that look and function just like your natural teeth.
Are my mercury fillings dangerous? Can you remove them?
Mercury is a toxin and can cause many serious health problems. Dr. Patel, an IAOMT dentist, is trained in the safe removal and disposal of mercury fillings. She uses only biocompatible resin to replace mercury fillings and create tooth-colored composite fillings. The process only takes about 30 minutes! Not only are composite fillings healthier, but they look better, too!
I get nervous about visiting the dentist. Can you help me to stay calm and relax?
Yes! At Green Dentistry in San Francisco, we offer spa-like amenities designed for your comfort! Options include warm blankets, aromatherapy, soothing tea, and much more. We also offer a variety of sedation dentistry options.
Do you accept insurance?
Our San Francisco dentist office accepts many insurance plans from a variety of providers. You can also pay by cash, credit card, or check. Our office offers flexible financing options, including 24-month Care Credit, Lending Club, and our own insurance plan. The front office staff will help you understand your benefits and will work with you to find a payment solution that meets your needs.
Helping you to achieve lifelong health & wellness!
Minimally-invasive care with beautiful results!
You’ll look forward to your next appointment!
We’ll Plant a Tree In Your Honor
We believe in “green dentistry with a green thumb.”
Let’s work together to help improve the environment and fight climate change.
Every year, your tree will:
- Produce 260 lbs of fresh oxygen
- Remove 25+ lbs of carbon from the atmosphere
- Provide shade and habitat for birds, squirrels, and other animals
Help us make a difference!
Get A Healthy, Gorgeous Smile At Green Dentistry
We’re always accepting new patients. Our friendly and caring staff can’t wait to meet you!