Dr. Nammy Patel talks about removing mercury fillings and using the SMART Protocol to avoid mercury contamination during the procedure.
Mercury removal has to be done very safely, especially if you have some in the mouth. It’s really important that they’re done using the SMART protocol. And the reason for that is that mercury can and is released during the extraction process. So in my practice, what we do is we isolate the tooth. There’s external air, there’s ionic air, in our office. So that way, anything that comes out gets filtered.
Also, we don’t actually drill out the mercury. We put incisions and pop them out, so that way we don’t actually drill them. So there’s not a lot of aerosol involved or also a lot of particles, because that’s when the mercury vapor is created, and mercury vapor is actually really toxic. That’s the stuff that the vapor can actually get absorbed through your skin and it goes into your body. And when it goes into your body, it actually binds your amino acids.
And when it does that, for example, if you were going to, let’s say on the traffic light, there is red and green and yellow. What the mercury vapor would do is it would go ahead and bind to the red and make it a green. So you would never have any stop signs. You would just keep going. So you can see what chaos it would cause in our society if we had no red lights. Everyone would be going all at the same time. So that’s kind of like what mercury vapor does into our system. It binds a glutathione, which is an amino acid.
And so I also make sure that my patients have a protocol to remove it, which is usually working with a naturopath or also using charcoal, and then also vitamins A, D, and K in order to make sure that anything that’s stored in the body is actually removed, as well.
So we follow a specific protocol made by the IAOMT in order to safely remove mercury, because mercury is known to be toxic for many reason. And it’s known to cause birth defects. It’s known to cause Alzheimer’s and a lot of other issues. So it’s something that should be really done properly.
Speaker 2: So to back up, is the mercury buildup inside of the tooth or where is it?
It’s in the body, the mercury, because every time you have the mercury… so if the mercury sits in the mouth, every time you have a hot cup of tea, because of the heat, it will release vapors. Every time you’re grinding, it will release vapors, and that your body will absorb. And what mercury does, it deposits. And it deposits into the brain along the myeline sheaths. And so that’s why it’s linked to Alzheimer’s. And so it deposits in certain areas of the body. So that’s the main reason why mercury is so toxic.
Are there ways to avoid mercury from the community?
The best way to do it, obviously get the mercury fillings removed is number one. The way to avoid mercury toxicity or overload of mercury is going to be to avoid the fish. And so if you’re avoiding fish or tuna fish or canned fish, anything like that to avoid all of those, that would be huge. The other thing that I also recommend is a detox, a metal or mercury detox. That is very, very, very key. A lot of times mercury is bound to copper or different metals. And so when there’s a heavy metal detox, that’s done, it’ll help release the mercury that may be stored in the body, as well.